Homeschooling is a wonderful blessing!
It’s a great privilege but also a big responsibility to be in charge of your child’s education.
You might feel overwhelmed at times as you wade through all the information out there about home education. How do you choose which curriculum is best for your family? How do you plan out your school day? What about the high school years?
Leaning on the experiences and knowledge that I’ve gained over the 17 years of home educating our four children and the 11+ years of consulting, I want to come alongside you as you home educate your children: to encourage you as you foster a love of learning and a love for the Lord in your children.
I am available to:
- Help new home educators get started, giving information on what is required by law.
- Provide direction in choosing curriculum and planning your homeschool schedule.
- Help you determine your child’s preferred learning styles and make recommendations on the best curriculum for them based on their learning style preferences.
- Give guidance with homeschooling a struggling learner or a child with learning disabilities.
- Give guidance on issues that come up such as:
—what to do with preschoolers during school hours
—how to handle a lack of motivation
—setting goals for your home school
—getting organized with your school and home
—ESL assistance and tutoring
- Give guidance for homeschooling in the high school years:
—making a four-year high school plan for your child
—requirements for graduation
—PSEO application and requirements
—how to prepare your child for college
Initial Comprehensive Consult: (approx. 2 hours): $75.00
Regular Hourly Fee – $40.00/hour
Location: Skype or Zoom consults are available. Or we can meet in person either at a central location or in your home if you live in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota.
Travel Expenses: If I need to travel more than 15 miles to get to your home, there will be an extra charge for travel expenses.
- Homeschooled our four children for 17 years.
- I’ve been a homeschool consultant since 2012, meeting with families one on one and speaking at homeschool conventions and support group meetings on homeschooling.
- Attended the Minnesota Association of Christian Home Educators (MACHE) home school conferences for most of the 17 years we homeschooled and received training for teaching there. I highly recommend the MACHE annual conference.
- Helped start and co-led the Constance E.T.C. home school co-op in Andover, MN for many years.
- Tutored students in reading and ESL. I utilized Dianne Craft’s brain integration therapy and right brain learning techniques as well as Susan Barton’s Orton Gillingham approach for teaching children with dyslexia.
- Worked as the phone responder for MACHE for 2-1/2 years and traveled the state of Minnesota the last 5 years giving Firm Foundations MACHE workshops for homeschoolers who were in the early years of homeschooling.
- Have B.S.W (Bachelors in Social Work) from the University of North Dakota and a certificate to teach English as a Second Language.
- In my free time, I love to spend time with family and friends. I enjoy reading, walking, biking, swimming, and playing board games.
Click HERE to see recommendations from parents who have met with Kris